As a photographer who has photographed literally thousands of high school seniors, there is one session that now stands out above the rest – my very own son’s session! Eric, affectionately known as Buddy, is about to graduate in June, so his girlfriend Lindsey, who’s also graduating this year, came over and we had the loveliest of sessions right here on our property. Now, as a Dad of a special needs boy, I’ve met and hung around dozens of kids and adults like this, but never, and I mean never, have I witnessed what Buddy and Lindsey share – a romance that, well, reminds of what romance really is. As for the resulting photos? I welcome any and all adjectives you’d like to share! Enjoy!
Many of you know that I am the proud father of what we like to call a Special Needs son. Not crazy about the label, or any label for that matter, but from time to time I get the honor and privilege of photographing special needs kids. Why is this a privilege? Because once you get past either the physical difference or the behavioral expression of a special needs child, what is right there is love. Maybe this isn’t much different than any other child, but there’s something about a project like this that hits me right in the heart. Here is a series of portraits I shot for The One Roof Initiative, a new special needs advocacy group that has made it its mission to find new ways to help the parents of special kids that will provide what’s next in a child’s life once school and other resources have run out. Sally DePalma, a dear friend who has already impacted my family’s life in huge ways, is the Founder and Executive Director of this exciting new non-profit organization, and I can’t wait to see where she takes us all!
- One + One + One = Final ImageNovember 22, 2017 - 10:36 am
- The Quality of Expression Counts When Photographing Live SpeakersNovember 22, 2017 - 10:00 am
- BeeTee’s Vacation Photos – Leamington, Ontario EditionDecember 20, 2016 - 4:52 pm
- The Joys of Finding the Perfect Pro Bono ClientJanuary 29, 2016 - 1:45 pm
- Marketing Photography Case Study #7 – Raymond James Corporate ShootJanuary 21, 2016 - 8:35 pm
- Marketing Photography Case Study #6 – Air Animal Pet MoversAugust 25, 2015 - 2:54 pm