Many of you know that I am the proud father of what we like to call a Special Needs son. Not crazy about the label, or any label for that matter, but from time to time I get the honor and privilege of photographing special needs kids. Why is this a privilege? Because once you get past either the physical difference or the behavioral expression of a special needs child, what is right there is love. Maybe this isn’t much different than any other child, but there’s something about a project like this that hits me right in the heart. Here is a series of portraits I shot for The One Roof Initiative, a new special needs advocacy group that has made it its mission to find new ways to help the parents of special kids that will provide what’s next in a child’s life once school and other resources have run out. Sally DePalma, a dear friend who has already impacted my family’s life in huge ways, is the Founder and Executive Director of this exciting new non-profit organization, and I can’t wait to see where she takes us all!
http://thompsonbrandimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/dsc_8053-1.jpg 325 208 Bob Thompson http://thompsonbrandimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo.png Bob Thompson2014-05-30 18:00:352016-01-21 19:57:47Special Project - Portrait Series
- One + One + One = Final ImageNovember 22, 2017 - 10:36 am
- The Quality of Expression Counts When Photographing Live SpeakersNovember 22, 2017 - 10:00 am
- BeeTee’s Vacation Photos – Leamington, Ontario EditionDecember 20, 2016 - 4:52 pm
- The Joys of Finding the Perfect Pro Bono ClientJanuary 29, 2016 - 1:45 pm
- Marketing Photography Case Study #7 – Raymond James Corporate ShootJanuary 21, 2016 - 8:35 pm
- Marketing Photography Case Study #6 – Air Animal Pet MoversAugust 25, 2015 - 2:54 pm